Finding Software Engineering Internships
Today, let’s chat about finding software engineering internships, even if you have to think outside the box. Trust us, there’s more to the job search than just the typical LinkedIn and Indeed scroll.
- Merit, merit, merit! If you’re looking for mentors in the software engineering world, Merit is a fantastic platform to start with. It’s all about networking, right?
- Coding challenges, anyone? HackerRank and Codewars are your go-to platforms for testing your coding skills against other talented folks. Plus, they’ve got employer solutions, so you might just land in their talent network.
- Calling all community lovers! Code for America is a fantastic resource, and there are local chapters all around. And if your local chapter doesn’t seem to still be active, fear not, though, they might’ve just migrated to a platform like Slack or Discord!
- Ah, Handshake, the college student’s best friend. Specifically designed for you university-goers, it’s your one-stop-shop for internships and entry-level positions.
- We all know about LinkedIn and Indeed, but don’t forget about Wellfound, Glassdoor, and Dice. These sites can be treasure troves for engineering roles. As for ZipRecruiter, we’re not as sold on it for engineering jobs, but hey, it’s worth a shot!
So, there you have it, aspiring software engineering friends. Go forth, explore, and score that dream internship! And remember, we’re always here to help you navigate the ever-changing tech landscape.