Founder Friday: Atlanta’s STORD
Not familiar with STORD? It is the cloud supply chain startup rapidly changing the 3PL arena…
- As a teenager, Sean first got the idea for STORD when he was running a business reselling parts on eBay and having fulfillment issues.
- Sean met his future co-founder at a startup conference in Atlanta.
- They launched STORD with $10k.
- Both dropped out of college (Sean was at Georgia Tech, and Jacob was attending Arizona State online) to pursue building STORD.
- STORD became a portfolio member of 2016’s Batch 3 of Georgia Tech’s CREATE-X accelerator and walked away with a $200k investment.
- Their seed funding came when they became a part of the portfolios of Dynamo Ventures and Engage.
- In 2019 Sean was named a Theil Fellow
- By 2021, Sean and Jacob had scaled STORD to a $1 billion valuation after a $90million round led by Kleiner Perkins
It’s incredible what they have built in such a short time.
- Inc: How This Cloud-Based Logistics Company Could Revolutionize the Global Supply Chain
- Atlanta Business Chronicle: Atlanta’s Stord reaches $1B valuation as supply chain tech investments reach record high
- TechCrunch: Logistics startup Stord raises $90M in Kleiner Perkins-led round, becomes a unicorn and acquires a company
- Zero To 5000: RISING STAR: How to Drop Out of College and Disrupt a Global Industry – Sean Henry, STORD
- Forbes: Warehousing Startup Stord, Founded By Georgia Tech Students, Raises $31 Million As Shipping Surges In Advance Of Holidays
- Georgia Tech Alumni Association: Sean Henry, BA 19
- The Logistics of Logistics: The STORD Story with Sean Henry
*Image Credits: STORD and TechCrunch (via STORD)