International Women’s Day 2022 – Break the Bias
This year’s International Women’s Day theme is Break the Bias. Within tech and other STEM-related careers, attracting and elevating women has been a hot topic for some time. It is excellent that we have resources like the IWD site (https://www.internationalwomensday.com/) with tons of great info and resources for everyone, but here are some things we wanted to shine an extra light on…
- LinkedIn, one of the main sponsors, is using its LinkedIn Learning platform to spotlight challenges women face in the workplace. You can check out the full range of topics covered here.
- Also found in that link, but something we felt got a little lost at the bottom is LinkedIn’s Gender Insights Report.
- Lean In provided a free toolkit to help employers combat bias in the workplace. You can download 50 Ways to Fight Bias here.
- We’re a recruiting firm, so of course the IWD link titled “Where women work makes all the difference” caught our attention. It includes ten useful career platforms for women.
- Need more data? Indeed published their IWD 2021 findings on fair pay. There are a lot of great nuggets that employers should consider to make their organizations more marketable to prospective candidates.
- Stemazing founder Alexandra Knight wrote a great piece titled “Diverse role models can empower women and girls in STEM.”
- IWD has an entire section dedicated to women and the technology arena.
- They even have pre-made selfie cards that organizations can use for their social media (see images below).
It’s a fantastic organization with tools and resources for everyone.
*All image credits – https://www.internationalwomensday.com/