How STEM Search Group Celebrated Black History Month
Black History Month ends Monday. We started this month off by highlighting “Ways Companies Can Celebrate Black History Month.” We thought we’d share what our team has done during BHM.
We’re a fully remote organization, though all team members reside in Greenville, SC. We used BHM as an excellent reason to come together as a team to support local Black-owned businesses…
In addition to stuffing our faces, we selected both local and national non-profits to donate to…
- Goodie Nation
- GirlUp GVL
- Black Girls CODE (BGC)
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- Soteria Community Development Corporation (Soteria CDC)
- Association for the Study of African American Life and History (ASALH)
- Urban League of the Upstate
- Poe Mill Achievement Center (PMAC)
And, outside of a lone Super Bowl post, our blog centered on celebrating Black founders and entrepreneurs…
- Ways Companies Can Celebrate Black History Month
- Founder Friday: Black Founders Fund
- Supporting Locally-Owned Black-Owned Businesses
- Founder Friday: PitchBook’s 66 Black founders and investors to watch in 2022
We’re not patting ourselves on the back. There’s more to that we can be doing, but we did more this year than the year prior. That’s momentum that we can build on.
And if you or your company haven’t done anything yet, it’s not too late.